Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Communications

How do I measure up? Well this section is nearing completion (that was fast!) and it will soon be time to right the paper for this section. I just finished the section on Grief and Loss. That is, honestly, one of the things I am the most scared about. How does one support a family through a stillborn birth? Or a late miscarriage? Or something that just goes terribly wrong during the birthing process? I know that these situations are rare, but it's such a painful thought. And, it's also my biggest fear. I think I can handle the up's and down's of supporting a woman in labor. But, to support a family through the loss of their baby.....scares me. And why is that? Death is all very normal, it's part of everyday life. But to deal with the death of a child, one who shouldn't be going yet.....

I don't know. Perhaps I would feel less attached if I didn't have a baby of my own. But I do. And the thought of losing them is just intense, and gritty, and bad.

Well, on to my paper. I am to write about my own birthing experience. Should be interesting!

No comments: